It’s been a couple of weeks since I posted a wrap-up so I thought I ought to get one in here. I just finished week 14 and week 15 is coming along nicely. Overall I’m feeling good and I’m progressing nicely on my June Goals.
Here are a few highlights from week 14!
- Working those goals! I was super happy with my pace on the two longer workouts this week. Twice I hit a sub 21:00 pace which is right on goal for June. I also maintained that on my recovery walk today. I want to sustain that for the rest of the month before I move on to my July pace goals.
- I had a bit of a haul from the local running store that excited me. I don’t buy things for myself very often so as simple as these things were they made me super happy. New flavors of Gu and Nuun, some Body Glide for Her, and a Sweaty Band! I am in love with all of it. Product reviews will be coming in the near future. I love the Sweaty Band so much, I ordered the runDisney branded one today.
- I tried stepping up .5 miles after just one week at my previous distance and it didn’t work. By the end of my 6-miler I was not feeling like I had been ready for it, which is the first time I have felt like that. I’ll be staying two weeks at each distance before moving up .5 miles to the next distance. It’s working for me, I shouldn’t mess with it.
- The foot pain that I discussed in my week 10 wrap-up is gone and I am VERY thankful for that. I’ve been icing like crazy after my runs and trying not to forget to stretch each and every day.
- I can run for a whole 60 seconds! OK – I run really really slowly, some of you could probably walk faster, but I can run. I keep working on it, hopefully I will gain more endurance and more speed after that.
- In 3 months I have not lost more than 4 lbs. Maybe I haven’t changed my diet enough, but I have been working out more than ever in my adult life. I feel like there should be some change on the scale and I’m just not seeing it. I don’t want this to become all about my weight, because its not, but I am disappointed that I have only lost 4 pounds.