I had to really talk myself into going to work out today. I just do not feel like it. However, I’ve settled on a 2 mile stroll. There won’t be too much cardio benefit, but I will get a couple miles in on the pavement, and pavement is something I have been struggling with. A beautiful day deserve a nice stroll though, and I can ponder my training goals while I’m out there.
Speaking of my training goals – here is what is on my plate for June!
- I want to drop my time to a 21:00 pace. I’ve been striving to break a 20:00, and I’ve only done it once. This month is going to be about consistent gains, so I’m looking for a regular 21:00 range time that I can carry forward to try and drop to 20:00 in July.
- My training plan has me logging just over 60 miles for June. I want to hit every one of them for a 15 mile gain over May.
- I need to increase my run/walk intervals so that I am running longer during each interval. I’m hoping for a consistent 0:30/1:30 ratio this month. This moves me up from 15-20 second of running on every minute. That should get me running for a longer duration, while giving my body time a little extra time to recover in between.
- I need to run outside too, not just on the treadmill. I have a mental hurdle about running on the pavement at the moment. I did it earlier this week, but I really need to keep it up. I can’t do the Princess Half Marathon on the treadmill. I need to gain the mental strength to make this happen.
- One more – I need to become more consistent in my stretching routine. Honestly, as I’ve gotten more comfortable working out and the pain has lessened, I’ve gotten lazy about this. I need to keep my muscles long and my legs flexible, I have a long way to go still with this and getting lazy is not going to help.
Thanks to From Dancing to Running for the idea to blog my monthly goals with a cute graphic. I found her blog when searching for other people training for the Princess Half I totally stole this from her, go read her blog.