I kicked ass this week – until that is – my body kicked back. I didn’t have much time or energy to post anything, but here’s my weekly wrap-up.
Highlights from my week!
- I finally had a training day where I broke the 20 minute a mile pace. This is something that I’ve been striving for the past two months. Tori and I walked the Museum Path on Thursday and we were at a 19:49 pace according to Runkeeper. We went to Taco Betty’s afterwards to celebrate.
- Friday I had my long walk on the treadmill and took it slow and steady. My head was absolutely not in it and the whole way was a struggle, but I went 4.11 miles in a little more than an hour and a half.
- On Saturday I hit “the zone” at the end of my workout and I even ran a little bit. Not very far or very fast, but running it was.
- My new underwire sports bra from Torrid came in and I must say I love it. I knew that my regular bras weren’t cutting it (that happens when you have DDD’s) but I didn’t realize just how much I had been bouncing around until I got that well fitting sport bra on and it stopped. I can move so much more smoothly now that everything is being held in place. It’s awesome.
- Sadly – after such a huge week my body decided to fight back. After my 4 miler I came home and slept the rest of the day. I started to run a low grade fever. Still I went back to the gym on Saturday, only to sleep the rest of the day again. By 5pm the pain had started, I was in a full blown Fibro Flare. I’m not sure if it was the weather this week, the fact that I was a little dehydrated, moving to a 5 day a week training plan, or what, but my Fibromyalgia decided to show up and remind me that I can not handle doing all the things. I hate having Fibromyalgia, it really sucks. Living with disability is something that I try not to focus on, but when I forget my limits my body always reminds me in the most painful way possible. Today is Sunday and I am in crazy amounts of pain, my brain is fuzzy, and I am absolutely freezing.
- Because of the Fibro Flare I’m going to move back to a 4 day training schedule for the next couple of weeks at least. I need to have a rest day before and after my long days. I’m not happy about this, but I will figure it out.