The end of week 5 was rough, but I worked hard at getting back into the swing of things in week 6. Bumps in the road will always happen, but as long as I don’t give up I’ll continue be successful.
Here are a few highlights of my week!
- I went to Physical Therapy this week.. My trip to the physical therapist bolstered my confidence as she said that my shoes are great, and that it sounds like I’m doing everything right. She gave me some more exercises to work on and I’ll see her again in next month.
- Rearranging my training schedule. I’m moving to a 5 days a week training schedule. This will allow Tori and I to walk outside for my short days, and to add in a day for cross training of some sort. I swam on Saturday and it was absolutely blissful. I’m going to try and work more swimming into the schedule on Tuesdays, and possibly some yoga on Wednesdays. Though adding in the yoga would take me to 6 days a week at the gym and I’m not sure I am mentally prepared for that right now,
- Aggressive Recovery. I’m moving to more active and aggressive recovery techniques. Just taking a day off isn’t working because my muscles just seem to tighten up and make it harder for my next training day. I scheduled a massage at the wellness center for my tight calves, I am stretching every day, and I’m using the TENS unit to reduce pain and relax my muscles. I needed to call in for a prescription muscle relaxer as well. Hopefully soon my legs will relax a bit and the muscles with get a little more stretch into them, that will really help me to increase my distance.
- Naps! My long days really wipe me out, naps have become a regular thing.
- I was SUPER happy that on one of my walks outside I was able to do 1.5 miles at a 21:48 minute pace. My times are dropping, not as fast as I want them to, but they are dropping and that makes me happy.